Radius Benders offers a range of End Forming Services
Having a number of different end forming machines complementing our Brisbane factory, Radius Benders can offer a range of end forming services to end-form tube in a number of different ways.
Our services include:
- Swaging (Reducing) – where a tube end is reduced in diameter to go inside another piece of tube. Tooling available allows us to reduce tube (and pipe) from 80mm outside diameter.
- Swaging (Expanding) – where a tube end is expanded to go over the outside of another piece of tube. Tooling available ranges from 28mm~127mm tube.
- Beading – a process that forms a bead (or bubble) on the end of a tube. Used where a rubber hose slips over the outside of the tube and is held in place with a hose clamp. The bead helps to retain the clamp and stop the hose from sliding off the tube end.
- Flaring – 37 or 45 degree flare designed to provide for a tight seal for hydraulics fittings where flare fittings are used.
- Scalloping – Scalloping is a popular end forming process so a tube end can glove around the outside of another tube. This is an effective way to form a strong and neat welding joint.
- Flattening – Flattening is a cost-effective way to form a flat tube end for tubular assemblies. The process may involve multiple procedure steps that always starts by flattening then followed by trimming corners and punching holes.
Some examples of end forming completed by Radius Benders:
- Vacuum cleaner tubes
- Heating / cooling pipes for the automotive industry
- Pipes for hydraulic lines
- Handles for tooling
Radius Benders provides these end forming services to a range of industries and private customers. Please contact us or send your enquiries to our friendly staff who will be happy to help you with your requirements.
Send an enquiry about our end forming services by clicking the SEND AN ENQUIRY button now, and completing the form.